Monday, June 3, 2013

The Great American Trailer Park: Musical

And my favorite personally, the one I quote a lot even though I really shouldn't: The Great American Trailer Park: Musical. This was a difficult play, I was put as sound tech, and I have NEVER worked on technology for theater, let alone for sound. It was a long painful process getting yelled at by the musical director and the main director and long hours in the booth with Paul Larson making sure I got everything right, but it was such a good play.

The workings of the set,

My sound station and my second house for a month. I would stay there for up to 5-6 hours a day working with QLab.

The sound board and sound activation. These set the levels and the overall power of the sound. Complicated stuff that I still don't fully understand.

Our stage manager Emerald pole dancing. 

I was also one of the three spotlights for the show.

From left to right: Pippi (stripper), Duke (crazy ex-boyfriend), Lin (1 of 3 "Girls" that narrate), Betty (1 of the 3 "Girls" that narrate.)

I tried the stripper pole. 

I think I'm quite fabulous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment