Monday, June 3, 2013

The Nerd

The first show I worked on at Chino Community Theater was "The Nerd."
This play was one of the funniest plays I've ever seen in my entire life. I learned from Toni Lynd how she directs and stages her shows and I learned from Emerald Gonzalez how to properly stage manage. 

Stage managing was the first thing I've ever done in theater that involves the backstage. And OOHHHH MAANNN is it difficult. I had to learn how to effectively change sets, manage costumes and props and the cast, communicate to the rest of the crew, cast, and house accordingly to each show, ALL UNDER A TIME LIMIT. It was hard work but it was all worth it. And I met some pretty cool people along the way too. 

Prop table #1. We had a lot of food in our show. And when I say a lot of food, I mean like FEAST MODE. We had a whole table dedicated to the food and preparation of it. 

Our set. It's actually a very well done set since our play is a bit of a farce. Where a small cast goes in and out of doors like crazy. Kind of like that one Scooby Doo bit.  

Prop table #2. This is basically all the other props. If it wasn't used immediately, all the props were put on this table for future shows. This is an after a show finished so it's... pretty messy. Haha
A photo collage that was given to everyone that worked on the productions. It has the cast on top and the crew on bottom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment